Thursday, May 30, 2013

Taking My Skates on Vacation


Hello, friends!

I was away last week visiting a few friends that needed some of my time (and I needed theirs!).  It was a fun getaway that flew by so quickly.  I am playing catchup with my jewelry business as well as my personal life since I returned home.  (I'm sorry if I didn't get to see you while I was back east...it was a whirlwind trip with too much on my plate.)  It was totally fun though and a welcome getaway.  

This was the first time I took my skates with me with the intention of using them while away from home.  Too many activities packed into a short window of time plus some rainy weather meant that I didn't get to skate as much as I would have liked, but I did manage to skate on morning.

I realized that my body starts feeling pretty creaky if I don't get any exercise.  When I returned home I really felt stiff, achy and tired.  Fortunately, I realized that I needed to get out and skate, even though I felt like a slug and would have really liked to just sit on the couch.  

Just yesterday I learned about a skating marathon/half marathon on the Silverado Trail in Napa this summer.  This seemed like the perfect goal to set to really kick start my skating and to take on a new challenge.  Anyone care to join me?  

Cheryl from our local Starbucks was the person that told me about it (she does roller derby and occasionally takes her quad skates on the trail also).  She and I are both going to do the half marathon.  

So now I am officially "in training."  I don't know exactly if that changes anything in my skating workouts, but I like the way it sounds.   Somehow it has shifted something in my brain to think of myself in training.  I like to realize that I can change my life by changing my thinking.

I'll keep you posted as I prepare for the half marathon.  By the way, it's July 14 from 7 - 10 AM if anyone wants to join in!



Keep skating (or whatever you like to do)!

Warmly,
Nancie 

Here is a new limited edition necklace that I designed in honor of a friend.  It is called "Ronaldo's Serenade," coming soon to my on line shop.




Nancie Zimmerman
NamiZuni Jewelry Design
Expressing Your Inner Goddess

My last skate:
5/30/13
Skate #85 of 200
5.07 miles
Iron Horse Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment