Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mixing it Up: Kangoo Jumps

Hello, friends!

So I've written that I have not had the same drive to get out there and skate as I had earlier in the year.  I'm okay with the plus/minuses of my attitude, but I feel like I need a bit of a boost to get really excited about skating again.

One idea many friends suggested to me was to try a different activity.  I had seen a woman on the Lafayette Moraga trail almost a year ago using these crazy rebound running shoes called Kangoo Jumps:



Here's a video of them in action:


I've been thinking about them ever since I first saw them, and last week I finally broke down and bought a pair on line from the manufacturer:


They are supposed to arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to try them out. We used to have a trampoline in our yard, which was so much fun and such great exercise.  I'm hoping these Kangoo Jumps have all the fun and great exercise of my skating and jumping on a trampoline.

Meanwhile, I was laid up sick for most of the last week and still have a nasty, lingering cough, so my skating has been nonexistent for over a week now.  Between my frustration at not being able to do everything I think I should be doing and lack of exercise, my mood is a bit glum.  Even though it feels like I'm pushing it a little, I think I need to at least get out for a short skate today.  At least until my Kangoo Jumps arrive!



On the plus side, the last few days I've started feeling good enough to make jewelry, if not to exercise.  Accordingly, I've been beading up a storm.  I procured some beautiful lampwork focal beads from Unicorne Beads and from Grace Lampwork Beads.   Here is a selection of them:









Each bead is a miniature work of art in itself, so I have been making simple pendants from them and stringing them on a black velveteen cord.  Here are a couple examples:






Stay tuned...

Keep skating!

Warmly,
Nancie



Update: my Kangoo Jumps arrived!  They are so fun, even if I do feel a bit dorky using them in public.  Here's a video my daughter took of me playing with them inside.  

Here I am demonstrating my new Kangoo Jumps

They have buckles that adjust the fit from women's size 7 - 9, so if any of you live nearby and want to try them, give me a holler!  My daughter said she couldn't decide if they were cool or dorky...I think they're both!



My last skate:
10/14/13
Skate #140 of 200
2.40 miles
Iron Horse Trail
Alamo, CA

My last time on my Kangoo Jumps:
10/12/13
Kangoo Jump #2 of ?
1.0 miles
my neighborhood
Moraga, CA



Nancie Zimmerman
NamiZuni Jewelry Design
Expressing Your Inner Goddess
925-890-9221

No comments:

Post a Comment