Monday, August 13, 2012

Head in the Clouds

Hello, friends!

What does the universe do when you have your head too far in the clouds?  Why, bring you back down to earth just a little bit!

After a day off from skating yesterday, I happily hit the Lafayette-Moraga Trail early this morning.  My mood was sunny, dreamy, a bit romantic.  Here's the song by Naturally 7 that I was listening to, which fit my mood perfectly:

Gone with the Wind by Naturally 7:

Gone With the Wind
(#LoveLustandLonging, song #3)

(Tie in to Song #2, Sway by Michael Buble: Naturally 7 opened for Michael Buble during his 2010 tour.  Naturally 7 makes every sound with just their mouths and hands...not a gimmick, just good music, but impressive when you stop and think that the music is totally a cappella.)

After strapping on my gear (no socks, you'd think my last blog about preparation would have had a better effect on me), I stepped carefully through the new extra-thick layer of gravel that was just added to the parking area, and I stepped onto the trail, thinking how gracefully I had negotiated the walk through the gravel.

Without realizing what happened, I found myself sitting on the pavement.  I wasn't hurt, just surprised to find myself at ground level.  I'm not sure even how I fell.  I dusted off my pride and stood up again.  Whoom, back on the pavement.  A little chuckle at myself, another pride dusting, and I hoisted myself back to standing again.  

A bit of dreaminess is a wonderful thing (and I do enjoy my dreamy side), but skating reminds me to also stay centered and solidly in my body as well.  It's all about balance.

Keep skating!
Nancie  

Shameless plug, here are the earrings I was wearing while skating...no socks, mind you, but I did remember to look good!

Turquoise teardrops and sterling silver














8/13/12
Skate #103
Lafayette-Moraga Trail
4.5 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment